International higher education
International students in London contribute £9.59 billion in net economic impact per annual cohort, in addition to making a wealth of cultural, social and civic contributions to the city around them. Maintaining London’s appeal to international students is vital to meeting the UK’s international education ambitions and driving UK economic growth, as well as enhancing the UK’s global soft power and inward investment potential when these students return home. When London succeeds our whole country succeeds and the continued appeal of ‘brand London’ gives the entire UK a strategic advantage over our global competitors.
We support our members with their international work, including lobbying on their behalf on issues such as immigration. We support our members with international student recruitment, international research collaboration, student mobility, and TNE.
Recent work and priorities:
- International Higher Education Strategy for London
- Expressing the international student voice: What international students in London tell us about their experiences of studying at university
- Being a part of the relaunch of the #WeAreInternational campaign
- Powering London: how universities drive growth through people, place and knowledge
- Letter to the Prime Minister on plans to prevent overseas PGT students from bringing dependants to the UK