Senior Policy and Networks Manager
London Higher is looking for a passionate and proactive Senior Policy and Networks Manager to work alongside our CEO leading on London Higher’s policy and research work and to be a prominent voice for London HE.
The Senior Policy and Networks Manager will play a key role in gathering intelligence, analysing and interpreting evidence, and becoming an external face for the organisation, communicating policy positions to government and other relevant external stakeholders. In conjunction with this the post holder will build and maintain our ever-closer London Higher community, regularly bringing together London HE colleagues though our core networks, to listen to, discuss key issues and create impactful outputs for the sector and London Higher’s members.
This role would suit an experienced and enthusiastic policy officer who is looking to progress their career through a prominent position in London HE.
Main responsibilities include:
- Create and lead on London Higher’s policy and research work to inform and support the aims and priorities of London Higher and its member institutions. This will include drafting high-quality, evidence-based documents, consultation responses, reports and publications for a variety of audiences, including but not restricted to Government, Office for Students, UK Research and Innovation, Greater London Authority, press and member institutions.
- Work with the wider London Higher team to disseminate our policy work. This will include being one of the public-facing ‘voices’ of London Higher and developing a profile as a respected ‘go to’ sector expert; being confident in representing London Higher at important stakeholder meetings and through speaking engagements, blogs, podcasts, social media and measured comments to the media.
- Convene and lead on the running of London Higher’s established networks. This will include, with support from the policy team, holding regular network meetings to engage with members, establish their priorities and concerns, and work with them to produce relevant and impactful outputs.
About you (requirements)
If you feel your skills and experience match the below, we would love to hear from you:
- A drive to develop a public profile in higher education policy through blogs, reports and presentations;
- A proven ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to learn and develop policy areas of interest;
- Ability to gather and interpret quantitative and qualitative evidence from a wide range of sources, analyse the main findings and ascertain the implications for policy;
- Ability to understand the wider public policy environment, identify the motivations and needs of different stakeholders, and the policy issues;
- Ability to build positive and constructive relationships with London Higher colleagues and externally, with individuals across a range of skills and seniority;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications across a range of audiences; and
- Experience of convening and hosting groups or networks.
Familiarity with higher education issues and/or London would be an advantage but is not essential.
How to apply:
Please ensure you follow the guidance below when completing and submitting your application:
- Complete the London Higher Application Form in full;
- In the statement section, you should address each point on the job specification, providing information, examples and evidence to illustrate how you meet the criteria for the post;
- Complete an Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form;
- Completed application forms and Equality and Diversity Monitoring forms should be submitted in Word format to: Jobs@londonhigher.ac.uk by 17:00 on Monday 05 December 2022. We will not be able to consider any applications received after this deadline.
If you have any questions about the post or wish to discuss the role informally please contact Jenny Wetherill, Chief Operating Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews will be held on 12 and 13 December 2022.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications. To be considered for the job, you will need to complete our application form. Please download the Job Application Pack for further guidelines on how to apply.
Closing date: 05/12/2022