AccessHE Uni Connect Programmes and Partnerships Officer
About the role
AccessHE, a key division of London Higher, wishes to appoint a full-time Uni Connect Programmes and Partnerships Officer on a fixed-term basis. The post holder will coordinate programmes of HE-led outreach with partner schools in north east London and also scope opportunities for new projects that help to raise attainment in schools. This work will require extensive engagement with schools and with AccessHE members.
The successful candidate will have considerable autonomy to develop new attainment raising initiatives and therefore the role would be particularly well suited to someone with experience of managing education projects who is looking to gain experience in a more strategic post. Prior experience in a widening access role is not essential; we are looking first and foremost for someone with a proven commitment to social justice and an interest in higher education.
This role may be either office-based or remote depending on the postholder’s preference. However, some travel to AccessHE’s partner schools in Barking & Dagenham and Havering as well as attendance at in-person engagement meetings across London is expected.
If you feel your skills and experience match the below, we would love to hear from you:
- High self-motivated and delivery-focussed, with an ability to get things done.
- A consensus-builder who is persuasive and confident in communicating with external stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, especially schools, students, universities, and local authorities.
- Experience of planning and delivering outreach activity or educational events.
- Experience of building effective partnerships, evidenced through delivery of joint projects or equivalent.
How to apply:
Please ensure you follow the guidance below when completing and submitting your application:
- Complete the London Higher Application Form in full;
- In the statement section, you should address the job specification, providing information, examples and evidence to illustrate how you meet the criteria for the post;
- Complete an Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form;
- Completed application forms and Equality and Diversity Monitoring forms should be submitted in Word format to: Jobs@londonhigher.ac.uk by 5pm, Monday 19 September 2022. We will not be able to consider any applications received after this deadline.
If you have any questions about the post or wish to discuss the role informally please contact Dr Richard Boffey, Head of AccessHE (email@example.com).
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Thursday 29 September 2022.
Please download the Job Application Pack for further guidelines on how to apply.
London Higher is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBTQ+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the London Higher’s team reflects the diverse city it serves.
Please note we are unable to accept CVs, only applicants who have completed an application form will be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date: 19/09/2022